How To Choose Replacement Windows For Your Home
5 Steps To Take When Choosing Replacement
Windows For Your Emporia KS Home
Follow These Steps In Choosing The Best
If your Emporia, KS, home requires replacement windows, you may dread the process. After all, there are so many different selections to choose from.
How do you choose? Should you just randomly go with an option and hope for the best?
We realize that when it comes to your Lyon County home, the replacement windows you choose are something you must live with for many years to come. Thus, you want these to be perfect.
With that in mind, we have a five-step guide that will help you determine when and if it is time for replacement windows and help you choose the best windows for your home.
Step 1: Evaluate Your Current Window Situation
Windows are not meant to last forever, so you need to take the time to determine what shape your current windows are in. Some of the questions to ask yourself while looking at your windows are:
- Do you feel air coming in around the window?
- Are the windows building up condensation?
- Do you have a hard time opening and shutting these windows?
- Has your energy bill increased over the past few years?
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, then chances are fiberglass window replacements are in your future. You should also consider the age of the windows and the material in which they are made…as this will give you a good idea of whether the window is nearing the end of its functional life.
Step 2: Choose The Type Of Window That You Like
The windows of your Emporia KS home will be seen inside and outside, so take the time to determine the look you are going for. For example, some of the more common looks out there include:
- Bay windows that are rather large and have a substantial focal point, usually on the front of the home. Yet, they do not open. Bow windows are very familiar to bay windows, with the only difference being how they are curved.
- Sliding windows will look sharp yet slide open easily to allow the breeze to enter your home.
- Casement windows often swing open like a door allowing you to bring air into the home.
- Double-hung windows will allow you to open the bottom and the top window, maximizing the air throughout the home to suit your needs.
Knowing what type of window you want in your home is half the battle for window replacement.
Step 3: Take A Look At Energy Efficiency
How energy efficient do you want your future windows in your Emporia, KS home? Take the time to look at the various energy ratings given to window replacements to determine your needs.
If you are dealing with incredibly high utility bills each month, you may want to find the most energy-efficient window to help with the high costs. Likewise, consider whether you spend more time heating your home during the year or cooling it down.
Here in the Lyon County area, we have a moderate climate in that our summers are warm, with mild winters and moderate humidity. Thus, you may not be as worried about the cooling and heating ratings given to windows.
Step 4: Look At The Window Materials
This step is where you start getting into a lot of information that can feel overwhelming. There are tons of different window replacements out there. Some vinyl, fiberglass, and others wooden. The goal of this step is to look at each material to determine what is going to be the best option for your home.
Here are some tidbits to keep in mind when doing your research:
- Aluminum windows can oxidize due to the weather while also being cold or hot to the touch depending upon the weather.
- Fiberglass window replacements can often last up to 50 years if you maintain them.
- Wooden windows can easily warp and crack with moisture in the area.
- Vinyl windows are safe and robust options, yet they do not have the lifespan of fiberglass window replacements.
- Fiberglass window replacements and vinyl require very little maintenance to ensure they look good for years.
You need to consider whether the material you choose will hold up to the weather, will look aesthetically pleasing inside your home, and whether you like how the window looks overall.
Step 5: Work With A Professional
Once you have a general idea of what type of material you want to work with and the look that you want in your Emporia, KS home, it is time to let the professionals help you.
Take the time to look for the best fiberglass window replacement near you, read reviews of what real people are saying about these installers, talk with them about what they offer, and see if they are a good fit for what you have in mind.
By researching the professional you work with, you will find that the entire window replacement process is much easier on you – and you will enjoy the windows even more in the long run.
Midland Exteriors: The Professionals To Call For Your
Emporia, KS Home
When you are ready to focus on fiberglass window replacement inside your Emporia, KS home, we are the professionals that you can trust. With tons of positive reviews and a history of being honest and straightforward with our work – most homeowners find that we make the window replacement process ten times easier.
Contact us or call us today at 855-735-8255 for your free fiberglass window replacement quote.